Covenant Church is a Bible-based, Christ-centered community.
We are built upon the Bible as the only infallible and authoritative rule for faith and life, and we are driven by the Good News of Jesus Christ:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but will have eternal life" (John 3:16).
We are a congregation of the Christian Reformed Church of North America (crcna.org).
Each word in the title of our denomination is significant.
- That we are Christian means we are followers of Jesus Christ. We embrace the teaching of the Apostles’ Creed and believe Jesus to be the Son of God - fully human and fully divine, and the center of human history.
- That we are Reformed means we are rooted in the Protestant Reformation of sixteenth century Europe, and in the spirit of the reformation we are continually striving to reform our lives and practice according to Scripture.
- That we are a Church means we believe God has called us together to be a people who belong to him and live for him.
Our core beliefs are consistent with the five great truths of the Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone): We believe that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, the only authority for faith and life.
- Solus Christus (Christ Alone): We believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. He fully paid the penalty for our sins with his perfect life and his death on the cross, and nothing we can do can add to the work of Christ for us. He alone is our Savior, Lord, and King.
- Sola Gratia (Grace Alone): We believe that we can do nothing to make ourselves right with God. We are saved by grace alone, so that only God deserves credit for our salvation. Through His mercy and grace alone we are made right with Him and restored to fellowship with Him and each other.
- Sola Fide (Faith Alone): We believe that by faith alone we receive the benefits and blessings of Christ’s death. We are saved by grace alone through faith alone. We must receive in trust all that he has accomplished for our salvation. Our good works do not earn us salvation; rather, they are a grateful response to our salvation.
- Soli Deo Gloria (To the Glory of God Alone): We believe that we now live to bring glory to God. Both as individuals and as a Church, we seek in all that we do to bring honor to the God who made us, redeemed us, and loves us with an everlasting love.
The emblem of our denomination is the cross in a triangle.
The triangle represents the Trinity, our belief in the one God we know as three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The cross symbolizes our belief in the substitutionary and sacrificial death of Jesus Christ for the salvation of those who put their trust in him.
Our Vision: Growing Together Through God’s Word
Our Mission: To GATHER together in a community of faith, to GROW together as disciples of Christ, and to GO together in witness of God's love.